Sasha Mordovets/Getty Images(MOSCOW) -- The Kremlin wants the world to know Russian President Vladimir Putin pumps iron and grills meat before most of the world gets out of bed.
New photos released by the Kremlin show Putin working out and barbecuing with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev at a government residence in Sochi before sitting down to breakfast and tea.
Putin regularly works out, detailing his personal fitness routine to ABC News last year ahead of the Sochi Olympics.
"How does one control weight? By not overeating. How does one stay in shape? One plays sports. There are no magic pills here," Putin told ABC's "This Week" last January. "I spend a little time every day to play sports. Last night, I was skiing here until 1:30 in the morning. I hit the gym this morning. I swim almost every day, a thousand meters."
Putin had refrained from his characteristic macho antics for the last few years, but appears to be ramping them up again. Earlier this month, he took a mini-submarine to the bottom of the Black Sea to visit a shipwreck off the coast of Crimea.
Marcio Silva/iStock/ThinkStock(NEW YORK) -- At least 200 people are injured and 11 are dead after a fire ripped through a residential complex in the eastern Saudi Arabian city of Khobar, according to the BBC.
The complex is used to house those who work for the Saudi oil company, Aramco. Many of those injured are of different nationalities.
The cause of the fire is currently unknown, says the BBC.
Jon Gorr/iStock/ThinkStock(NEW YORK) -- Four alleged human traffickers appeared in court in Hungary on Saturday accused of playing a role in the deaths of 71 migrants found packed into a delivery truck in Austria.
Razor wire failed to hold back the tide of humanity flooding into Europe.
Hundreds of thousands of people are now on the move - a river of refugees escaping from war and terror in Syria and beyond, traveling through Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and the Balkans into Hungary, then Austria, Germany and the rest of Europe.
The crisis has prompted leaders in the European Union to call for immediate talks.
BBC News reports that authorities believe the men arrested are members of a human trafficking group.
On Sunday, Austrian authorities confirmed that a truck with 26 people from Syria, Afghanistan and Bangladesh were discovered.
The driver of that truck has been taken into custody.
fotokon/iStock/Thinkstock(CAIRO) -- Three journalists were sentenced to three years in prison in Egypt on Saturday, in what their employer is calling "another deliberate attack on press freedom."
Al Jazeera journalists Baher Mohamed and Mohamed Fahmy will return to prison after the ruling and colleague Peter Greste was sentenced though he had been deported earlier this year. "It is a dark day for the Egyptian judiciary," Al Jazeera's statement continued. "Rather than defend liberties and a free and fair media, they have compromised their independence for political reasons."
The media network called for the release of its journalists, as well as urging "everyone to continue the fight for freedom of speech, for the right of people to be informed and for the right of journalists around the world to be able to do their job."
The men, according to Al Jazeera News, had been accused of not registering with Egypt's journalist syndicate, bringing equipment into the country without approval, broadcasting false information and using a hotel as a broadcasting point without permission.
ERIKA SANTELICES/AFP/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Tropical Storm Erika dissipated Saturday morning as it pushed over Hispaniola and Cuba.
As the storm was moving towards Cuba, it dissipated due to higher terrain and unfavorable atmospheric conditions. The National Hurricane Center canceled all tropical storm watches and warnings related to the storm at about 9 a.m.
Before losing strength, Erika caused widespread devastation on the small Caribbean island of Dominica, killing at least 20 people and leaving more missing.
"The extent of the devastation is monumental. It is far worse than expected,” Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said in a statement Friday. "We have, in essence, to rebuild Dominica."
The main impacts to Florida will likely be heavy rain and breezy winds during the early portion of next week.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency ahead of the storm's expected approach late Sunday.
Underground galleries, part of Nazi Germany 'Riese' construction project are pictured under the Ksiaz castle in the area where the 'Nazi gold train' is supposedly hidden underground, on August 28, 2015 in Walbrzych, Poland JANEK SKARZYNSKI/AFP/Getty Images(WARSAW, Poland) -- A radar image and a deathbed confession may be the final pieces of the puzzle in solving the mystery of a gold-filled Nazi train that may have gone missing in Poland during World War II.
A German military train rumored to be filled with gold and weapons went missing near Walbrzych, Poland, in 1945, and fortune-hunters have searched for it for decades.
BBC News quotes the deputy mayor of Walbrzych, a town near where the train is believed to be, saying that "the find is within our administrative borders."
In a statement earlier in the week, Poland's Deputy Cultural Minister Piotr Zuchowski urged treasure hunters not to seek out the train, due to concern over hazardous substances and possible booby traps.
iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — The U.S. military says it had killed Junaid Hussain, a senior ISIS recruiter and cyber specialist during a drone strike in Syria.
Hussain's death was confirmed in a tweet from Brett McGurk, the Deputy Special Presidential Envoy to the Global Coalition to Counter ISIL.
Hussain is believed to be a computer expert and propagandist for terror group, which is known for its effective use of online recruitment. Hussain was tied to the Garland, Texas cartoon contest shooting this past May. Prior to the attack one of the gunmen posted a statement on social media urging others to follow Hussain on Twitter.
Hussain is also believed to be responsible for producing ISIS “kill lists,” calling on people to target specific Americans.
Hussain's death marks one of a number of the ISIS leaders recently killed by US airstrikes. The group's most senior leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, remains at large.
Antonio Melita/Pacific Press/LightRocket via Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Hundreds of people are feared dead off the coast of Libya in the latest shipwreck of migrants desperately trying to cross the Mediterranean to reach Europe.
“We are still waiting for more details, but we have learned there were 400 migrants on one of two boats; 100 have already been rescued," the International Organization for Migration's (IOM) Chief of Mission for Libya, Othman Belbeisi, said in a news release Friday.
At least 100 bodies were taken to a hospital in Libya, the IOM said.
Libyan authorities "are expecting to receive another 150 survivors Friday. The rest of the people are still missing in the sea," Belbeisi said.
Here is what you need to know about the latest victims in the ongoing European migrant crisis: Who are they?
Of the 100 people already saved, nine were women and two were girls, Belbeisi said.
The bodies recovered included five children, ages between 1 and 3, according to the IOM. Where are they from?
The IOM said, "according to media reports from Libya, victims included migrants from Syria, Bangladesh and several sub-Saharan African countries, although he explained the information could not be independently verified."
Zuwara, on the coast of Libya, is a major launch pad for the thousands of people fleeing poverty and persecution. Zuwara's coastline spans 120 kilometers. Why are more people dying overall?
"Smugglers are becoming increasingly violent and cruel," Federico Soda, director of IOM’s Coordinating Office for the Mediterranean in Rome, said in a release by IOM. "Migrants are forced to stay in the hold, where they asphyxiate." Migrants in the Mediterranean, by the numbers:
This was just the latest in many unsuccessful attempts for migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean in hopes of reaching Europe.
This year so far, about 2,432 migrants have died while traveling to Europe, according to IOM.
Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean region account for about 72 percent of global migrant deaths so far in 2015, according to the Missing Migrants Project.
Aurelien Meunier/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- U.S. serviceman Alek Skarlatos, who helped stop a gunman on a Paris-bound train last week, said his first thought was "just trying not to die."
Recalling on ABC News' Good Morning America Friday what ran though his mind when he first saw the gunman and realized his life was in danger, Skarlatos said, "I immediately recognized what was happening, and I just thought, ‘There is just no way. There is no way this is happening right now.’”
"Then we just acted, and I didn’t have another conscious thought for the next two minutes,” he continued.
Skarlatos, 22, an Army National Guardsman assigned to an infantry unit in Roseburg, Oregon, was on vacation in Europe with his friends after a tour in Afghanistan. Skarlatos, Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, 23, of Carmichael, California, and Anthony Sadler, 23, a senior at Sacramento State University in California, were among the train passengers last Friday when they helped stop a man armed with guns and a box cutter who had started firing.
Skarlatos said as he, Salder, Stone and British businessman Chris Norman worked together to subdue the gunman, "Everybody behind the terrorist just ran back about two or three cars. And then everybody in our train car either helped out in some way or just kind of sat there in shock."
Skarlatos described his initial decision to jump in and help as a "gut reaction,” noting that his military training didn't kick in until later.
"We were just acting on adrenaline and doing what we had to do to survive," he said. "Once we were able to think again, that was kind of when training kicked in, but before that, we were just trying not to die.”
After the train was stopped and the gunman was in custody, he said the magnitude of the event still hadn't hit him.
"I thought they would just question us and then put us on the next train to Paris," Skarlatos said. "I didn’t think it was going to be this big at all."
And when Skarlatos finally returned to the United States this week, he was shocked to see law enforcement officers at the airport lining up to shake his hand.
"I was so grateful to everybody that showed up for that. That was just amazing," he said. "That many law enforcement officers showing up ... it meant a lot to me."
While Skarlatos and Sadler escaped the attack without injury, their friend Stone underwent surgery to reattach his thumb after the gunman slashed him with the box cutter. Stone was released from a French hospital then taken to Germany for further medical treatment.
"He’s still stuck in Ramstein, but he’s doing great," Skarlatos said on Friday of Stone. "He's in high spirits. He just couldn’t be here today, unfortunately."
Skarlatos doesn't know what's next for him, but said, "I’m probably going to go back to Germany and hang out with Spencer."
ERIKA SANTELICES/AFP/Getty Images(ROME) -- The first Vatican official set to stand trial for sex abuse died in Rome Friday.
Disgraced former Archbishop Josef Wesolowski was a high-ranking Vatican diplomat accused of paying young boys for sex in the Dominican Republic, where he was ambassador for five years.
His trial inside the Vatican was set to begin earlier this summer but was postponed at the last minute when he became ill. He was to be tried under a new court system, set up by Pope Francis for Vatican sex offenders.
Wesolowski was recalled to Rome more than two years ago after authorities began investigating the Polish priest for allegedly picking up shoeshine boys and handing them stacks of cash to perform sex acts on him.
After a year of living in Rome, the Vatican moved to defrock him. During that time, Wesolowski used his computer to access child pornography. He was facing charges for that, as well.
iStock/Thinkstock(ROME) -- Hundreds are feared dead after a pair of boats carrying people fleeing conflict and poverty capsized near Libya.
Libyan officials have been working around the clock trying to find survivors of two boats that sank off the coast of Libya Thursday night. One carrying 50 people capsized first, then later, another with 400 passengers.
Rescuers report the bodies retrieved so far are of people from Syria, Bangladesh and African countries. They were hoping to make it to the safety of Italy.
The capsizes occurred as coffins of 52 people arrived in Palermo, Italy. They died of asphyxiation in the hold of a migrant boat earlier this week.
So far, about 2,500 people have died trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea this year.
Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Leave it to Buzz Aldrin to come up with a grand plan for colonizing Mars.
Aldrin, 85, who was the second person to walk on the moon in 1969, is teaming up with the Florida Institute of Technology to create an actionable plan for getting humans to Mars in the next quarter century.
Mars is located approximately 140 million miles away from Earth, which translates to about nine months of space travel to get to the Red Planet.
While some initiatives like the private Mars One bill the possible trip as a one-way mission, Aldrin said he believes humans could go on 10-year tours of duty with the intent of returning to Earth.
Part of the plan, which Aldrin has dubbed "Cycling Pathways to Occupy Mars," involves Phobos and Deimos, Mars' two moon. The idea is the moons could serve as first stops for astronauts before reaching humans finally reach the Red Planet.
Aldrin said he hopes NASA will be interested in his plan and also intends to ask for international feedback.